Instrumentos generalmente de madera, con varias cuerdas, que se toca en posición obscena y que, además, se enchufan. La razón de que estés pegado a la pantalla leyendo esta gilipollez.

Moderador: Moderadores de Guitarras

Small electric shocks from guitar strings

Notapor ClintBarton » 04 Jul 2018 11:14

Hi,

I have a small studio and have recently moved it from the UK to Spain. I have been using it in Spain for the last month or so with no problem. Today, when I plug in any of my three electric guitars into my Focusrite 6i6 interface I am getting a small, but noticeable and unpleasant electric shock when I first touch the strings or any other metal part of any of the guitars. I have had the three guitars for years, the Focusrite for ages too, I have not introduced anything new electrical into the house today.
Can anyone suggest what could be causing this please?

Please help.

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References:-
https://www.soundonsound.com/forum/view ... 22&t=56945
Motion Infographic Animation Company

Thanks!
ClintBarton
Recién llegado
Recién llegado

Ha agradecido: 0 vez
Le han agradecido: 0 vez

Re: Small electric shocks from guitar strings

Notapor Pedro Vecino » 05 Jul 2018 17:25

Check the installation making sure it has an effective grounding. If you use plug adapters, extension cords, etc. it´s possible to lose that connection.
Imagen Imagen
Pedro Vecino
Incendio asegurado
Incendio asegurado

Ha agradecido: 76 veces
Le han agradecido: 748 veces

Re: Small electric shocks from guitar strings

Notapor masterofmuppets » 09 Jul 2018 22:09

Pedro Vecino escribió:Check the installation making sure it has an effective grounding. If you use plug adapters, extension cords, etc. it´s possible to lose that connection.

Todavía hay una opción más divertida :manifiesto:

-----------------

Hi, Clint and welcome to the forum.

I have the same problem at home and after some investigation a few month ago, I found the problem, the old 220V/single-phase (live+neutral) electric power from the wall outlet has changed to some kind of double-phase (live+live), the advantage is that you can get 120V from any live to ground and 220V from live to live but you have to deal with random 'electric kisses' if your body and equipment are not insulated from ground.

I'm not a technician and you should ask to one but at the moment the best solution I've found is to forget to play guitar barefoot and to use a good insulation carpet in the room I have my amps and guitars.

Hope it helps you, regards.
Imagen
Imagen

. Una persona no vale lo que tiene sino lo que te da.

. Ahorra agua mientras te lavas la cara, tengo que llenar mi piscina.

. Recordamos a nuestra clientela que el oráculo ya sólo
atiende a clientes de pago y no a gorrones.
masterofmuppets
Incendio asegurado
Incendio asegurado

Ubicación: Cazando conejos y acariciando koalas, ya podría ser al revés...
Ha agradecido: 614 veces
Le han agradecido: 881 veces

Foro Estadísticas